Question - Corporation for National and Community Service Sarah Archibald 28 Feb 2006 13:41 EST

I just submitted one of these today. Your PI will have to set up an

account with eGrants. The Grantee Administrator will receive an e-mail
stating that the person wants access/affiliation. Log in and click on
"My Account". There will several options on the next page. Select "Edit
User Roles/Responsibilities." Select "Grantee with access to budget".
The PI will then be able to submit everything that is required.

Once you are ready to submit, you can review and print what was submitted. The SF424 will automatically populate (it was required for ours, but it was nowhere to be found until I went to submit). You will have to log in and click on Initial entry, select the proposal you need to review and start reviewing. On the left hand side there is a menu stating the different pieces of the proposal. The last option is authorize and submit. You will need to at least review the assurances and certifications. Once you have clicked and agreed, verify your proposal. If everything is OK, you can submit.

I know this was a bit verbose, but there are many steps and I wanted to make sure you had them all.

Sarah N. Archibald
Grants Manager
Office of Sponsored Programs
University of Maryland Baltimore County
410-455-3187

From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On Behalf Of
Sarah A Rodriguez
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 3:49 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Question - Corporation for National and Community
Service

Dear all,

I have tried to contact the Corporation for National and Community Service
(CNS) several times, but no one is answering the phones or responding to the
e-mails, and I have a co-worker who needs this information today.

My question is this: How does electronic proposal submission work with CNS?
Our Office of Sponsored Projects has its own account, but who uploads the
proposal-us or the PI?  Who presses the final submit button-us or the PI?

Any insight you could share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sarah A. Rodriguez

Sarah A. Rodriguez
ERA Coordinator