Re: GG Submissions to Commons Betty Farbman 28 Feb 2006 12:46 EST

Susan:
You resubmit until you are blue in the face.

You get different error messages (you must correct these) and warning
messages (you decide) until you are satisfied.  Each of these is a new
round of submission until you get to where commons sends you and the PI
an email asking for you to VERIFY in the STATUS section of commons.
Then you can each go in to VERIFY (we had the PI do this first, for
obvious reasons.)  At that point you can get a very pretty picture of
the application and see if it looks the way you want it to look.

Once you have verified, the commons updates the status to APPROVED.

If you are doing several PIs at once, the flow of error messages from gg
and commons is a treat.

They eventually went through.

Be mindful of all the issues people had on the listserv - primarily the
agreement between what the PI has posted in commons and what s/he lists
in the proposal.  Also the IDC calculation.

Since R01s won't go until next year, I'm sure you it will all be in
better shape (a la Fastlane) by then.

Best,
Betty Farbman
St. John's University