Re: NIH AREA Grant Proposal Elizabeth C. Lieberman 22 Feb 2006 10:12 EST

I just got off the phone with the Commons Help Desk.  I spoke with a very
sympathetic and competent-sounding person who understands the problem but
could not find any documentation to tell us how to proceed.  He too
referred me to GrantsInfo, but they don't answer the phone to actually
talk to people; I've left a message and sent an e-mail.

Since Craig reported to me that his earlier successful submissions
included indirect cost requests that calculated out to exact dollar
amounts, my instinct is to modify the indirect cost base by a couple of
dollars to make the calculation come out even.  Has anybody tried that
approach?

Liz

Research Administration Discussion List <xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG> on
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 at 9:35 AM -0500 wrote:
>You're not alone!  I have encountered the same problem with one of my
>AREA submissions (three others went through just fine), as have Bob
>Chestnut at Eastern Illinois and Liz Lieberman from Wellesley.  Probably
>others as well.  If anyone gets some advice from the Commons Help Desk
>that seems to work, please share with the rest of us.
>
>I'm still waiting for a call back from the Help Desk.
Liz Lieberman
Director, Office of Sponsored Research
Assistant Dean of the College
Wellesley College
106 Central Street
Wellesley, MA 02481-8203
Phone: (781) 283-3587;  Fax: (781) 283-3695
E-mail: xxxxxx@wellesley.edu