Re: Departure of PI Mitchell Maltenfort 17 Feb 2006 15:50 EST

I'm still learning myself, but my understanding is that you should do
the following ASAP

1) get a replacement for the PI in your institution,

2) send a written request signed by the old PI (if possible!) the
nominated PI and an institution official to the granting agency
requesting a change of PI.

This request should include the date the transfer happens a
justification for the change, and the qualifications of the
replacement PI.