Re: PureEdge on Mac WAS Success with grants.gov Francis, Richard A. 17 Feb 2006 13:15 EST

Hi, I'm looking for some clarification. Did you actually install
PureEdge to run via Virtual PC on Macs?  Or do you mean you successfully
used PureEdge through Citrix?

Thanks for any help,
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Charlie Hathaway
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 12:54 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Success with grants.gov

I am no fan of Microsoft, conclusions based on an N of 1, or any
government policy operating on "the end justifies the means" rationale.
But this Post story was a big boo-hoo fed to the conspiracy addicts.
And since I was able this week to successfully install PureEdge on
several Macs (albeit with the help of the universities of Wisconsin and
Maryland more than Grants.gov), and we now hear of PureEdge applications
going through error-free despite lack of sophisticated error checking, I
am seeing a light at the Feb 2007 end of the tunnel, and it looks more
like a celebration than an apocalypse.

CH