Re: Non university co-pi Marianne Achenbach 16 Feb 2006 16:43 EST

The recent notice on Establishment of Multiple Principal Investigator
Awards for the Support of Team Science Projects discusses a federal-wide
policy to allow formally more than one PI on individual research awards.
Here are the relevant links
http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-06-036.html
http://grants2.nih.gov/grants/multi_pi/overview.htm

Marianne

At 03:41 PM 2/16/2006, you wrote:
>In this day of collaboration we have had several lead PIs ask to have
>persons at other universities listed as a co-pi on their projects - rather
>than subcontracting work out to that person.  Does anyone allow
>this.  Does anyone have an opinion of the pitfalls or benefits of allowing
>this?
>--
>Janet Goucher
>Assistant Director of Research