Size of the digests with HTML / attachments... Mike L. Varney 15 Feb 2006 08:10 EST

This is exactly why I configured that [RESADM-L] text in the subject line a
few years back... with the change of how the email's handled, it's easy in
Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc. to set up a mail filter based on "[RESADM-L]"
appearing in the subject line and filter the mail that way into a folder.

Some have pointed out the presence of HTML within your digest emails,
making them long and sometimes hard to read.  I'd really encourage people
NOT to use the digest feature; instead, get the individual emails and use
your email client to move messages containing "[RESADM-L]" anywhere in the
subject into a folder.  Then, you can read the messages there, delete the
threads you really have no interest in, etc etc.  You also then have the
option of reading the messages 2 or 3 times during the day rather than just
the one time a day the digest comes out.  The up-to-date "grants.gov is
down!" messages would be a little more timely getting to you then!

Using this same method would also solve the issue of the uuencoded
attachments in the digests.  Additionally, I believe (I think I tested it
once a while back!) the attachments show up properly and are downloadable
in the web archive.

-- Mike Varney / HRI

 "Ware, Jeanne"
 <xxxxxx@NCF.EDU>
 Sent by: Research                                          To
 Administration            xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
 List                                                       cc
 <xxxxxx@HRINET.
 ORG>                                                  Subject
 Re: [RESADM-L] Reasadm Forever

 02/14/2006 09:27
 PM

 Please respond to
 Research
 Administration
 Discussion List
 <xxxxxx@HRINET.

Here. Here.
... just a suggestion to those who get too many of these in your in-box...
Outlook (if you have it and I'm sure it is on all the other mail programs
out there) has the ability to take email received from someone
xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG or with [RESADM-L] in the subject line and put them in
a folder.  I typically peruse them over lunch (since I'm at my desk anyway)
or between tasks... as a one person office, I need that "water cooler"
time...
You're great, Mr. Varney!

Jeanne Ware
New College of Florida