Re: Why The List is the Way It Is... Charlie Hathaway 14 Feb 2006 21:36 EST

I think people learn more when they have something new thrown in their
path.  That confrontation is the beauty of this Listserv.  I have learned
so much by getting into the habit of opening emails regardless of titles.
Even if I don't always read the entirety, I may have alerted my brain to
my ignorance.  If I was asked to choose the precise topics that I wished
to know more about, I would be a bunch more stupider.

CH