Re: Cost share Judith Argon 08 Feb 2006 16:54 EST

I, too, have only served on one study section, and can echo Joni. Budget
issues received only very brief discussion with the issue being whether
is was acceptable or not, and if there were specific issues (was the
sufficient PI effort). Budget does not affect the proposal's scoring.

Judy

Judith Argon
Vice President, Research Administration
Joseph Stokes Jr., Research Institute
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
135 Abramson Research Center
3615 Civic Center Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4318

Tel: 215-590-2855
Fax: 215-590-3804

>>> xxxxxx@MAIL.ROCKEFELLER.EDU 02/08/06 4:31 PM >>>
Bravo, Chuck.  I can second that.  I have only served on one study
section,
but I can tell you that cost sharing did not pass anyone's lips.

Joni.

Jon Hart, M.P.A., C.I.P.
Senior Director
Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
Human Subjects Protections Program
The Rockefeller University
email:  xxxxxx@mail.rockefeller.edu
Tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400

 _____