Re: Mac OS X and PureEdge Viewer Jennifer Lech 08 Feb 2006 08:55 EST

Vonnie,

So far, I have helped only one of our departmental administrators install
the Citrix solution on her Mac and I believe that she did have Internet
Explorer installed.  But according to my IT contact, the Citrix solution
should have worked even without IE installed on the Mac.

The only possible difference between my experience and yours may be that my
institution already uses a Citrix solution to deploy several of our
administrative/business software applications to our Mac users.  In fact,
my IT group confirmed that the version of Citrix that we use currently is
the same version made available by Grants.gov.  As a result, we are
instructing our Mac users who already have Citrix to just install the
modified ICA profile we have provided to them (since the profile available
on the Grants.gov website was not working correctly).  I'm not sure why
this would make a difference in our experiences since theoretically we are
both using the same software just a slightly different process to access
PureEdge but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Jennifer