Re: Federal Publications Seminars Barbara Gray 01 Feb 2006 19:36 EST

I attended their Export Control seminar in Las Vegas a couple of months
ago.  It was very high quality--the workshop leaders were very
knowledgeable and very good communicators.  In this particular case, our
system attorney and I were the only "academic" representatives; we were
surrounded by defense contractors.  Although the presentation didn't get
into public domain, fundamental research exception, etc. as much as I
would have liked, the presenters were willing to talk with us about our
specific questions during breaks.  Also, the defense contractors had
much more experience in the topic, so we learned from their war
stories.   Based on my limited experience, they are definitely in the
running as good resources for professional development.

W. Eryn Perry wrote:

> Good afternoon all:
>
> Just wondering if anyone had gone to any conferences offered by
> Federal Publications Seminars LLC ( http://www.fedpubseminars.com/) -
> specifically the /Federal Grants/ course.
>
> If so, did you find it worthwhile and would you recommend it?  Any
> feedback would be most welcome.
>
> Much thanks! -Eryn
> -------------
> W. Eryn Perry
> Director, Research Administration
> Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
> 2265 Kraft Drive
> Blacksburg, VA 24060
>
> 540.231.8240
> xxxxxx@vcom.vt.edu