Re: Help finding information Steinert, Bruce 09 Jan 2006 13:13 EST
Hi Carole,
The NIH GPS states:
"Record Retention and Access
Grantees generally must retain financial and programmatic records,
supporting documents, statistical records, and all other records that
are required by the terms of a grant, or may reasonably be considered
pertinent to a grant, for a period of 3 years from the date the annual
FSR is submitted."

I would include any data generated in the "all other records that are
...  pertinent to a grant" category. COGR recommends at least 3 years
post FSR (which is similar to the IRB record requirement).

There could be other time frames depending on the uses of the data. Good
questions to ask are whether the data supports a patent application or
does the journal publishing the work have specific retention guidance.

Sorry for not being more help,
Bruce

Bruce Steinert, PhD, CCRA
Administrative Director, Clinical Trials Center
ENH Research Institute
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare