Re: Proposal ethics Charlie Hathaway 07 Jan 2006 12:15 EST

I agree wth Stuart.  However, if the investigator has not finalized future
plans, he will need to submit from the current institution.  I would argue
that unless the scientific argument hinges on use of essential human or
physical resources at the current school, and would affect the scientific
review, there is no ethical issue here.  The commitment of your resources,
if indirectly related to the project, poses no deception unless you are
secretly conspiring to never support this person's work regardless of
circumstances.  Don't let honesty become incapacitating.

Charlie