Re: Grants.gov Jon Hart 05 Jan 2006 10:31 EST

The NIH at the SRA/NCURA meetings told us that the CFDA number would be
filled in automatically once we had the program number (from the NIH
announcement).  If no number is filled in, then that would indicate that
they are more than one CFDA's involved, and that we should not attempt to
fill in a number.

Joni

Jon Hart, M.P.A., C.I.P.
Senior Director
Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
Human Subjects Protections Program
The Rockefeller University
email:  xxxxxx@mail.rockefeller.edu
Tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On Behalf Of
McWhorter,Sharon
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:00 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Grants.gov

Interesting question - and one that we will need to know given it's a
required field on the grants.gov SF424. I don't believe there is a CFDA
number specifically for unsolicited R01 grants. The CFDA lists program areas
within each Federal agency, not grant mechanisms.

Wouldn't you use the CFDA number for the Institute to which you are
submitting the proposal? For example, under CFDA # 93.242 MENTAL HEALTH
RESEARCH GRANTS, the list includes the mechanisms of research project
grants, exploratory grants, and small grants.

Sharon McWhorter
Associate Director
Research Services and Sponsored Programs The University of Akron