Re: Grants.gov...one more time Terri Hall 15 Dec 2005 11:27 EST

Angela,
Everybody in the proposal process has to download the PureEdge Viewer
software to their computer.
Otherwise the PI will not be able to complete the application, and you will
not be able to review it.

You will need to be registered with Grants.gov in order to submit the
proposal. The PI does not do so.

Once the PI is finished with the proposal preparation...the file is emailed
to you or your office if there
is a general office email. Other universities have it set up that the file
is uploaded to a website where
OSPs download for review...it's a matter of what works best for you.

We've done several submissions so if you have any more questions about
procedures, feel free to
contact me. Just know that after 3p on submission day, the system can slow
way down and has
even crashed on occasion. It is imperative that you get as much time as you
can to review and
submit prior to the deadline -- and I know how tough that can be to obtain
from a PI. But we've
had some success in explaining that their work may not be submitted if they
wait to the last minute
due to the system as it is now set up and a 'technical glitch'.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
Terri

Terri M. Hall
Associate Director of Pre-Award
Office of Research * University of Notre Dame
511 Main Building * Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
Phn: (574) 631-7378  Fax: (574) 631-6630
http://www.nd.edu/~research/
~ an FDP institution ~