Re: Effort reporting Sandra Nordahl 06 Dec 2005 15:21 EST

Lori,

We use Banner in the same manner as you do.  Unfortunately, we are an
auxiliary of SDSU and have separate payroll systems and different
financial systems (they use Oracle).  We have developed an in-house
system using Access.  I would be willing to discuss it with you.

Sandra M. Nordahl, CRA
Manager, Sponsored Research Administration
San Diego State University Research Foundation
5250 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA  92182-1934
619.594.4172 (voice)
619.582.9164 (fax)
e-mail:  xxxxxx@foundation.sdsu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Lori Messer
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 12:05 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Effort reporting

Good Afternoon,

We need to change how we do effort certification (activity reporting
required under OMB A-21) at our university.  We currently use Banner for
HR and Finance.  We are trying to determine if it would be better for us
to develop an effort reporting system in-house or purchase a package
from an outside vendor.

I am interested in getting feedback for either option.  Please feel free
to respond to me directly or through the list serve.

Thanks!
--
Lori Messer, MPA, CRA
Director