Re: CRA as a screening instrument Sandra Nordahl 06 Dec 2005 10:42 EST

Ted,

I agree with you regarding the rigorous test...It was harder than some
of my business and communication law class exams from college.

Sandra

Sandra M. Nordahl, CRA
Manager, Sponsored Research Administration
San Diego State University Research Foundation
5250 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA  92182-1934
619.594.4172 (voice)
619.582.9164 (fax)
e-mail:  xxxxxx@foundation.sdsu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Russo, Fredric (Ted)
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 7:14 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] CRA as a screening instrument

Dear Pam,

I think you make some interesting points, many of which I wondered about
with regard to the CRA and it's relative comparison to a CPA, for
example.
However, having very recently taken the CRA exam I can tell you with
complete confidence that it was one of the most comprehensive exams I've
ever taken (counting my time in Graduate School getting my MPA). I felt
like I was "tested" after I left that room. I have to agree with Lee's
comments below...it did open up a whole new side of Res Admin for me,
eg; FAR, procurement, intellectual property and a host of other issues
that I had a passing knowledge of.

So, in sum...the CRA has enhanced or greatly contributed to my ability
to grow learn from the people around me that do have that extremelly
valuable experience. That can only be good, in my view.

Best-

Ted Russo

Ted Russo, C.R.A.
Associate Director, Pre-Award Services