timetable for submissions via Grants.gov Robert Beattie 24 Oct 2005 11:44 EST

There are multiple timetables.   OMB has one, NIH has one.  Perhaps
other agencies do too but have not the courage that NIH has shown to
publish it and move ahead.

OMB says the following is to be done Federal-wide
Fiscal year 05 = 50% of all grants can be applied for through Grants.gov
Fiscal year 06 = 75% of all grants can be applied for through Grants.gov
http://thefdp.org/Present4_Sep2005.pdf
Fiscal year 07 = 100% of all grants can be applied for  through
Grants.gov

So  Grants.gov can be used for all grant applications in FY07.  Will
all agencies make it mandatory, like NIH?  Will NSF do so.  It will
be a real pain if NSF does not do so.  Do we want to continue with
multiple ways of submitting.  Maybe it will be up to each university
to make using the Grants.gov system mandatory, if they do not want
multiple ways of submitting.  I think I heard someone at the last FDP
meeting say that OMB is not allowing agencies to get funds for
continued work on their own submission system.

This is the NIH mandatory timetable (from http://grants.nih.gov/
grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-05-067.html)
December 1, 2005 —Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small
Business Technology Transfer Programs (STTR) (R41, R42, R43, R44)

December 15, 2005 —Support for Conferences & Scientific Meetings (R13
& U13)

January 25, 2006* —Academic Research Enhancement Awards (AREA)
(R15)    (*Changed to February 25, 2006 per NOT-OD-05-080)

June 1, 2006 —Small Grant Programs (R03) & Exploratory/Development
Research Grant Awards (R21)

October 1, 2006 —Research Project Grant Program (R01)

Bob
xxxxxx@umich.edu

On Oct 24, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Charlie Hathaway wrote:

True.  But the timetable (NOT-OD-05-067, August 19, 2005) by which
various NIH grant mechanisms will require submission thru Grants.gov
is not federal-wide.

I read the email Pamela forwarded and cannot understand how her PI
concluded that 1 Nov was the beginning of anything R01-ish.