Re: Evaluation of Sponsored Programs Office <Stephen Miles SacksPhD> 20 Oct 2005 09:34 EST

Evaluation is not a short or one time survey - though such surveys can
provide insight about what needs to be studied further. For an activity as
important and complicated as the role of the Office of Sponsored Projects,
full evaluation process and reporting are useful to put the activity into
perspective of affecting the entire university.

If you have not seen it yet, you might want  to check out THE
PAYOFF-Evaluating Research Centers, Institutes and Consortia for Success.
It is a complete guidebook that will give plenty of approaches as well as
extensive questionnaires and forms.

See the introductory and summary material at http://thepayoff.info.

Best,

Stephen

Stephen  Miles Sacks, Ph.D.
Editor and Publisher
SCIPOLICY-The Journal of Science and Health Policy
Box 504, Haverford, PA 19041
Telephone:  610-660-0220
 Fax:  610-660-0120
Website: http://Scipolicy.net
E-mail: xxxxxx@scipolicy.net
and
Owner/Moderator ResearchEvaluation-L Discussion Group
Owner/Moderator ThePayoff-L Discussion Group
Owner/Moderator Scipolicy-L Discussion Group
Owner/Moderator CounterTerrorism-L Discussion Group