Re: Evaluation of Sponsored Programs Office Fortini, Mary-Ellen 05 Oct 2005 14:55 EST

I would be interested in this also.

Mary-Ellen Fortini, PhD
Office of Sponsored Projects and Research
Keene State College
229 Main Street
Keene, NH 03435-3510
603-358-2427
fax 603-358-2184
xxxxxx@keene.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Meslang [mailto:xxxxxx@TCC.EDU]
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 2:03 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Evaluation of Sponsored Programs Office

I am very interested in seeing what you put together as I need to do the
same.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, It would not be research would
it?"
Albert Einstein

Susan W. Meslang
Director of Grants and Sponsored  Programs
Tidewater Community College
500 East Main Street
Norfolk VA 23510
P.O. Box 9000
Norfolk VA 23509
Office 757 822-1773
Cell 757 409-2887
Fax 757 822-1007
xxxxxx@tcc.edu

>>> xxxxxx@GMU.EDU 09/22/05 11:05 AM >>>
I have a new Vice President for Research and he would like to do a
survey evaluating the services provided by our Office of Sponsored
Programs and he would like to do it right away.   I've collected a
number over the years, but don't have anything that meets my immediate

need since we are both a pre and postaward office.

I am already in the process implementing short evaluations tied to
specific services.   I currently send out a proposal preparation survey

and will start sending out an evaluation for services provided during
the award process in a couple of weeks.  My goal is to have a number of

short evaluation forms that go out at the completion of  the different

services provided by the office that will provide a vehicle for
immediate feedback.  Ultimately, these could be pulled together to
serve
as the elements of a larger annual survey.  My problem is that I don't

have all the pieces developed yet.

Would anyone have an annual evaluation form that they are willing to
share?  I would be glad to share with the group anything I receive as
well as what I'm working on now.
Ann

--
Ann T. McGuigan, Ph.D