Re: Donation of vacation time. Jennifer Dier 12 Sep 2005 09:22 EST

Marie,
Where can I find more information on what the IRS is allowing and how to
take advantage of it.
Thanks,
Jennifer

Marie Smith wrote:

>The IRS is allowing employees to forgo their leave in exchange for employer cash payments made before 1/1/07 to benefit  the Hurricane Katrina victims.
>
>My question - Our research assistants are primarily grant funded, and I know that you are not permitted to charge contributions to grants, would this be considered a contribution? Would this be considered a legitimate grant expense or would this be considered a donation?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Marie
>
>***************************************
>Marie F. Smith, CRA
>Manager of Grants Administration
>Institute of Ecosystem Studies
>PO Box AB, 65 Sharon Turnpike
>Millbrook, NY 12545
>Phone: 845-677-7600 x202
>Fax: 845-677-5976
>E-mail: xxxxxx@ecostudies.org
>Internet:  http://www.ecostudies.org

Jennifer B. Dier
Proposal Development Administrator
Office of Grant & Contract Administration
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Research Administration Building
70 Butterfield Terrace
Amherst, MA 01003-9242