Re: Survey - Post Propopsal Submission David Hollingsworth 11 Sep 2005 16:47 EST

 Jill,

Here at the Texas Engineering Experiment Station, we have been following
up with a survey to faculty after submission of each proposal.  We have
been doing this since 1995.

On a quarterly basis the responses are tallied. Then the data is entered
into a simple spreadsheet that calculates a score on a scale of 1 to 5
for each question and then an overall score.

We typically end up with a 4.7 or higher score so those faculty that
respond seem very pleased with our service. This is complied into a
report that lists the PIs that responded and their comments.  I forward
this report up to my boss. I have found this data to be useful in
supporting raises for folks.  Any negative comments and suggestions on
how to improve the process are followed up on.

I tried to attach the questionnaire, tally sheet and spreadsheet but it
was too large to post to the listserv.  If you want copies email me
directly at xxxxxx@tamu.edu and I will send it to you.

David