Re: Katrina response John Sites 08 Sep 2005 12:00 EST

Many of our colleagues and their institutions have been impacted by
these events.  Does anyone know if there is anything we can do that
would be unique to our community of expertise - in addition to the
obvious ongoing efforts?

John D. Sites, Jr., CRA
Senior Contract Administrator

Utah State University
Sponsored Programs Office

________________________________

From: Research Administration List on behalf of Mike McCallister
Sent: Thu 9/8/2005 7:40 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Katrina response

Forgive multiple postings from SRA and NCURA.

For the past week we've all been made aware of the misery that the
people of the New Orleans region, South Mississippi and Alabama have
been through.  These areas are the home of many excellent colleges,
universities, research hospitals, and other agencies that employ our
colleagues in research administration.

SRA and NCURA have come together to provide a place for our members and
friends to seek and offer assistance.  You can find the site at
http://srainternational.org <http://srainternational.org>  or
http://www.ncura.edu/forums/. We are all members of a big community of
networkers and helpers-- it's time for us to help our own.

Each organization is also offering links to opportunities to donate to
non-profits involved in the relief effort.   I hope that you can find a
way to support your colleagues and friends in this beleaguered area.

Thanks to Jerry Fife and Kathy Larmett at NCURA and Dennis Carpenter and
Tamra Hackett at SRA for getting this appeal organized so quickly.  And
thanks to all of you for coming together to support the profession.

Spanky

Mike McCallister, Ph.D.
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 South University
Little Rock, AR  72204-1099

(o) 501-569-8474                     The work itself, the pleasure of
finding a field
(c) 501-590-5609                      for my peculiar powers, is my
highest reward.
(f)  501-371-7614                                      Sherlock Holmes
in Arthur Conan Doyle's The Sign of Four
http://www.ualr.edu/orsp/