Re: Funding Strategies for Leaner Times Charlie Hathaway 06 Sep 2005 09:50 EST

Thanks Kristina.  I just read this and found it to be unusually worthwhile.  Although the basic idea is old, "Know What is Hot in your Field", the writer probably gathers enough specifics to really help some investigators smack the Significance imperative with greater impact.

We need this type of focused article written for every field to help avoid having investigators of all ages and track records drive into the dreaded "Who Cares?" cul-de-sac.  Mentors should be very important in this kind of reality check.  But sometimes they can lead their proteges down ever narrowing trails that end with accommodations for only one.

Charlie