Re: TeX files and FastLane Todd Travis 29 Aug 2005 13:37 EST

Hi Amy,

To the best of my knowledge, none of the TeX software versions are
freeware. We purchased PCTeX a few years ago just for that very purpose.
However, I believe that Fastlane will now accept .dvi files (which can
be easily generated by the PI in his softward that he is creating his
text in) and also .ps (postscript) files. I believe that Fastlane will
automatically convert these files to pdf for you upon upload.

Todd.

Amy E. Hibbard wrote:

> Hello all-
>
> I have a Physics PI who writes in TeX and wants to submit a NSF
> proposal. I graciously <grin> volunteered to find out how to convert
> TeX into a format FastLane will accept. I found the handy instructions
> on the FastLane site, but they require that the creator of the file,
> one who has TeX downloaded on his/her computer, to follow the step by
> step instructions.
>
> As we are a full service office <grin again>, I have been asked to do
> the converting for the PI, which would seem to mean that I need to
> download TeX on my computer.
>
> Now, has anyone dealt with this program? If so, do you know where I
> can download it? I found many instruction sites when I Googled it, but
> no “Download Here,” which is what my Monday morning foggy-brain wants
> to see.
>
> Anyone have any insights to share?
>
> Thanks again for your collective brain power,
>
> -Amy
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Amy Hibbard
>
> Grant Development Associate
>
> Office of Research & Sponsored Programs
> Cal Poly Pomona
> 3801 West Temple
> Pomona, CA 91768
> (909) 869-6929 Voice
> (909) 869-2993 Fax
>
> xxxxxx@csupomona.edu <mailto:xxxxxx@csupomona.edu>
>
> "Opportunity is missed by most people
>
> because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
> Thomas Alva Edison

Todd C. Travis
Award Administrator, Division of Research and
Alternate Responsible Officer, Exchange Visitor Program
105 Bertrand H. Snell Hall
8 Clarkson Avenue, P.O. Box 5630
Potsdam, NY 13699-5630
V: 315-268-6475, F: 315-268-6515