Re: Roles on research projects Joe Bass 26 Aug 2005 15:50 EST

I think roles and definitions exist. Maybe not in Grants.Gov but the standard has them. I can send it to you if you want

Joe Bass
xxxxxx@jsb-consulting.com

--- Original Message ---
From: Charlie Hathaway <xxxxxx@AECOM.YU.EDU>
Sent: Fri 8/26/2005 3:27 pm
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Roles on research projects

I don't think there is a list of acceptable roles.  Other than PI, I doubt the
feds would attempt definitions.  Definitions would limit the ability of
researchers to do what they think needs to be done.  Who's to say there could
never be a "Snake Charmer" or "Massage Therapist" on a grant?

As for Co-PIs (a meaningless term at present)...I'll bet the new policy uses
equal lead investigators at different institutions as a proto-typical example
of why true Co-PIs are needed.

CH