Re: Contracts Stuart Ross 08 Jul 2005 11:46 EST

There may still be some liability issues, relating to their reliance on
your test results. And there may be concerns about the sponsor's use of
your institution's name as an endorsement.

Stuart Ross
University of California, Irvine

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Donna A. DeLuca
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 8:50 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Contracts

Some of our researchers perform sample testing for public and private
agencies.  As a rule, we require a contract in order to perform this
work.
In the event that the work is not going to lead to publication or has no
chance of invention, we are considering forgoing the contract.  Do you
see
any potential problems or issues with not having a contract (other than
the
IRS regs, which as a not for profit organization, we've already taken
under
consideration)?

Also, I'm curious how other research institutions handle this type of
work.
Any sample contracts, for this type of work, that you're willing to
share?

Thank you,
Donna