Re: Grant Writer Susan Burke 29 Jun 2005 09:28 EST

spanky and jon are right.  as someone who has served as an editorial
consultant on a wide variety of proposals, i can testify that unless one
is well-versed in the discipline for which the proposal is being
written, one cannot write a successful proposal.  rather, what is
needed, is someone who can write well, who can listen well (to get to
the underlying aims, methodology, etc. of the project), and who can
interpret someone else's vision.  these qualifications, plus the ability
to edit another's work into a logically structured, compelling document
that meets the criteria identified in the guidelines, are what should be
sought in providing proposal support resources for faculty.

susan

Susan B. Burke
Associate Director
NYU Office of Sponsored Programs