Re: Grant Writer Christine H. Block, Ph.D. 29 Jun 2005 08:39 EST

Doesn't technical writing imply someone who writes for electronics or
computers though?

I agree, in part, with your argument.  I was asked to be a grant writer,
when in fact, I can 'facilitate' an application by editing, and refining,
but I need a product from the investigator first.    With many years
experience writing my own successful applications, and reviewing for
federal agencies, one has experience in 'knowing what is required to be
successful'.

my 2 cents,
Chris Block