Re: Constitution Day Mitchell Maltenfort 28 Jun 2005 18:32 EST

Well, it only has to be an "educational" program.

Doesn't say *who* has to be doing the educating.

I'd see if any of the following outfits can offer local volunteers to
speak at programs:

http://www.truemajority.org/

http://www.aclu.org/

http://www.indyvoter.org/

http://www.fsf.org/

http://www.ncac.org/

Of course, the program should give equal time to different positions.
I'd invite one person from each of the above groups to speak.

On 6/28/05, Diane Schmitz <xxxxxx@mail.ewu.edu> wrote:
> I'm hoping to get a bit more feedback on the recent post about the new
> federal regulation requiring educational institutions receiving federal
> funds to hold Constitution and Citizenship day each Septmeber 17, in
> commemoration of the constitution's signing in 1787. One poster
> explained that her grants office isn't overseeing activities taking
> place on campus. Anybody else have ideas, wisdom, plans, or random
> thoughts on this? One note: our students aren't even back on campus
> until the end of September, so whatever we do will likely have a tiny
> audience.
>
> The federal register notice is here:
> http://frwebgate3.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate.cgi?WAISdocID=9991351724+7+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve
>
> --