Re: New NIH Modular Question Charlie Hathaway 27 May 2005 08:50 EST

We had a long discussion on this about 2 years ago...see archives.  As I
remember, most institutions required the full budget for internal uses.

I would start from scratch with this faculty member and explain all the
assorted responsibilities the feds have handed to institutions and that PIs
never see and that are never mentioned on a PHS 398.  Many researchers really
don't know this.  If they are fresh out of a post doc, they probably still
think that academic researchers exist in a quasi-self-employed arrangement.
Mention cost accounting standards and they will likely raise the white flag.

Charlie