Re: NIH Modular Grants Sandy Brenner Hill 23 May 2005 15:38 EST

yes - especially if you  have federally negotiated rates that indicate this
as part of the F&A basis (i.e. MTDC) .
Keep in mind that it is part of your organization's F&A and not the sub
contractor's

hope this helps
-sbh

--On Monday, May 23, 2005 4:23 PM -0400 "McKinley, Brenda"
<xxxxxx@UTNET.UTOLEDO.EDU> wrote:

:-}
:-} Folks,
:-}
:-} While we are on the topic of NIH grants with Consortium F&A, I have a
:-} question that I have not been able to find an answer for...
:-}
:-} Our indirect cost base includes the first $25K of any subcontract.
:-} Would our institution still be able to charge indirect costs on the
:-} consortium F&A included in the first $25K?  I can't find where NIH
:-} guidelines state they will not pay indirect costs on consortium F&A.
:-}
:-} Thanks for the input.
:-}
:-} Brenda McKinley
:-}
:-}
:-}
:-}
:-} __________________________________________________
:-} From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
:-} Behalf Of Blake, Valerie
:-} Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 2:29 PM
:-} To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
:-} Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] NIH Modular Grants
:-}
:-}
:-}
:-} Hello Leesa,
:-}
:-} You would include your consortium F&A in 7b and 8b.
:-}
:-} Valerie
:-}
:-}
:-} Valerie A. Blake
:-} Assistant Director
:-} North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
:-} Office of Grants and Contracts
:-} 5 Dakota Drive, Suite 307
:-} Lake Success, NY  11042
:-} Tel:  (516) 719-3100