Re: The Krellian option Charlie Hathaway 18 May 2005 10:33 EST

The senate is busy.  Write your reps (see below)
Contact info:
http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.shtml
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Hypothesis: Individualized messages sent separately to many congresspersons on relevant committees by university constituents may have more impact than a single huge run-of the-mill hyper edited petition that filters through the "appropriate channels".

These letters might include this to-the-point sentence from Molly:
"As institutions wait for the system to "mature," real problems are having a serious effect on the ability to request and secure federal assistance." [TO OUR DISTRICT!]

CH

House Committee on Government Reform

Subcommittee on Federal Workforce and Agency Organization

Rep. Jon C. Porter (NV-03)  Chairman
John L. Mica, FL
Danny K. Davis, IL
Tom Davis, VA
Major R. Owens, NY
Darrell E. Issa, CA
Eleanor Holmes Norton, DC
Kenny Marchant, TX
Elijah E. Cummings, MD
Patrick, T. McHenry, NC
Chris Van Hollen, MD

Subcommittee on Government Management, Finance, and Accountability

Todd Russell Platts (PA-19) Chairman
Virginia Foxx, NC
Edolphus Towns, NY
Tom Davis, VA