Re: Let's mobilize to fight electronic proposal submission SNAFU Marie Smith 02 May 2005 14:57 EST

How about an electronic petition that we can all sign!

***************************************
Marie F. Smith, CRA
Manager of Grants Administration
Institute of Ecosystem Studies
PO Box AB, 65 Sharon Turnpike
Millbrook, NY 12545
Phone: 845-677-7600 x202
Fax: 845-677-5976
E-mail: xxxxxx@ecostudies.org
Internet:  http://www.ecostudies.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of Glenn Krell
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:25 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Let's mobilize to fight electronic proposal
submission SNAFU

Hi Resadmr's,
SNAFU stands for, politely, "situation normal all fouled up." This appears
to be where electronic proposal submission is headed, according to many
colleagues unhappy with various features of grants.gov.

Let's discuss what kinds of emails, and to which decision-makers in the
government, resadmr's should be sending by the hundreds so that we can say
as a group, "We strongly object to what you are doing; you will definitely
increase the cost of academic administration at our institution and
nationwide," etc.

This seems to be a situation where 20 emails complaining might not do much,
but 600 or 800 emails from this large group might start to turn the tide. I
say we mobilize and use the collective power of this large, nationwide
group. Ideas?

-Glenn

=======================
Glenn Krell MPA, CRA
Director, Research Compliance
 and Proposal Development
Illinois Institute of Technology
3300 South Federal Street, M/B 301
Chicago, Illinois 60616
312-567-7141 (voice)
312-567-7517 (fax)
http://www.grad.iit.edu/research/compliance.html
http://www.grad.iit.edu/research/opd.html
Did you know? A searchable database of IIT research expertise can be found
at:
http://gradweb.iit.edu/gradresearch/searchengine.htm