Re: F & A Waiver Policy Lisa LaForge 19 Apr 2005 15:33 EST

Thank you, Andrew.  I think this will help us draft our policy.

Lisa LaForge
Office of Sponsored Programs
University of Colorado @ Colorado Springs
719-262-3903

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On Behalf Of
Andrew M. Gray
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:56 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] F & A Waiver Policy

Lisa,

We waive the F&A if the sponsor has written guidelines, which we must
have a copy of. Also, there is a sliding scale of how distribution works
here at UAF, with a "fee" assessed to the originating unit for F&A rates
that fall below 10%. You can see the memo of how that works on our
website, with a list of programs that are exempt from the fee:
http://www.uaf.edu/osp/policy/under-recovery.pdf

We rarely allow voluntary reduced F&A, but we have a form for requesting
it and/or waiving the 9% fee I mentioned above:
http://www.uaf.edu/osp/forms/FAExemption.pdf

Hope this helps you out!

Sincerely,
Andrew

Andrew M. Gray, CRA - Senior Pre-Award Administrator
UAF Office of Sponsored Programs
909N Koyukuk Drive / P.O. Box 757270
Suite 212F West Ridge Research Building
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7270