Re: HRSA grant closeouts Baumann, John 07 Apr 2005 22:59 EST

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. So,
outsourcing/privatization of grants management is moving forward?  I had
thought that that initiative was defeated a year or two back.  I
remember a summer or two ago when the grants management branch of one
NIH institute was busily putting their files in order as they were
facing an inspection -- a nice word, I was told, for assessment of their
vulnerability to outsourcing.

Has anyone experienced this with either another federal agency or with
regard to some issue other than close out?

John

John R. Baumann, Ph.D.
Associate Vice Chancellor for Research
Director, Office of Research Services