Re: Space Survey Ginger Baker 04 Apr 2005 14:33 EST
Gary,

I e-mailed last week indicating that A-21 requires it be done every other
year.  Actually, OMB Circular A-21, Section J.14.g requires that a 'property
records and physical inventories' be conducted every two years not space
surveys.  We do our survey as part of our inventory process, but it could be
done only in the F&A base year or as needed.

Ginger

"Lingle, Gary" wrote:

> How often do other institutions out there do a space survey analysis for
> their F&A rate proposal?  Annually or just when it is time to prepare a new
> rate proposal.
>
> Gary Lingle
> Manager of Grants and Contracts
> The Methodist Hospital Research Institute

> Methodist. Leading Medicine.    ***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***    This e-mail
> is the property of The Methodist Hospital and/or its relevant affiliates
> and may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
> the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by
> others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
> authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender and
> delete all copies of the message.    Thank you.

Virginia (Ginger) Baker
Manager
Cost Analysis
University of Alaska Statewide Systems
PO Box 756540
910 Yukon Drive, Suite 211B
Fairbanks, AK  99775-6540
Phone:  907-450-8077
Fax:  907-450-8071
xxxxxx@alaska.edu

"If you're not learning while you're earning, you're cheating yourself out of
the better portion of your compensation." - Napoleon Hill