Re: Space Survey Chaffins, Gary 31 Mar 2005 17:56 EST

Our floor space survey is conducted on an annual basis for a number of
uses, one of which is the F&A rate calculation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Ginger Baker
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 2:21 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Space Survey

OMB Circular A-21 requires that you survey every two years.  We have a
three year rate cycle for F&A though so sometimes we have to do the
survey for two consecutive years in order to have space survey data from
our F&A base year.

Ginger Baker

"Lingle, Gary" wrote:

> How often do other institutions out there do a space survey analysis
> for their F&A rate proposal?  Annually or just when it is time to
> prepare a new rate proposal.
>
> Gary Lingle
> Manager of Grants and Contracts
> The Methodist Hospital Research Institute

> Methodist. Leading Medicine.    ***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***    This
e-mail
> is the property of The Methodist Hospital and/or its relevant
> affiliates and may contain confidential and privileged material for
> the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use,
> distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you
> are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the
recipient), please contact the sender and
> delete all copies of the message.    Thank you.

Virginia (Ginger) Baker
Manager
Cost Analysis
University of Alaska Statewide Systems
PO Box 756540
910 Yukon Drive, Suite 211B
Fairbanks, AK  99775-6540
Phone:  907-450-8077
Fax:  907-450-8071
xxxxxx@alaska.edu

"If you're not learning while you're earning, you're cheating yourself
out of the better portion of your compensation." - Napoleon Hill