FW: [RESADM-L] Grants.gov soon to become MANDATORY? Joe Bass 11 Mar 2005 11:55 EST

I hope the answer to the Mandatory Grant Submissions are answered in the
response from Rebecca Spitzgo, Director of Grants.Gov.

Joe Bass
JSB Consulting, LLC
Managing Member
xxxxxx@JSB-Consulting.com

Phone: 301-774-4229 Mobile: 240-305-8056 Fax: 240-220-0654

-----Original Message-----
From: Spitzgo, Rebecca (HHS/OS) [mailto:xxxxxx@hhs.gov]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 10:12 AM
To: 'xxxxxx@jsb-consulting.com'; 'Sandra Nordahl'
Subject: RE: [RESADM-L] Grants.gov soon to become MANDATORY?

Let's see if I can shed some light on this discussion.  The Mandatory SF424M
form family was deployed in Grants.gov on 2/28/2005.  The SF424M was
deployed for Mandatory programs, Formula and Block grants.  It is the 3rd
form family or market segment of forms available in Grants.gov: Core, SF424;
R&R, SF424R&R and Mandatory, SF424M.  Two additional market segments (Form
Families) will be released later this year, Individuals, SF424I and Short,
SF424S.

Agencies will be asked to publish a few Mandatory programs in Grants.gov
during Fiscal Year 2005.  Not all agencies have mandatory programs.  Some of
the agencies, EPA and Energy, that do have mandatory programs have indicated
they will continue to use the Core, SF424 rather than switch to the SF424M
because the SF424 forms meet their needs.  Whether or not an agency requires
electronic submission of grant applications via Grants.gov is a policy
decision of the agency.  There is no tie between the Mandatory form family
and requiring electronic submission.

Grants.gov is working with PureEdge to provide a platform neutral viewer
that supports multiple environments, Mac, Linux, Unix and PC.  We do not
have a firm date for the availability of this feature, but the time frame
appears to be 1-2 years out.  Grants.gov will keep the pressure on PureEdge
to provide a product that supports multiple environments as soon as
possible.  In the meantime, Grants.gov will release its Applicant
System-to-System (S2S) interface in April 2005.  The Applicant S2S interface
eliminates the need to use the PureEdge forms.

I hope this information is helpful.

Rebecca Spitzgo
Grants.gov Program Manager
202-205-1223