Re: Management Concepts/Grants Management Certificate Program Herbert B. Chermside 25 Feb 2005 16:06 EST

The membership of NGMA a couple of years ago when I presented a paper was
mostly officials of granting agencies/organizations.  I have absolutely no
idea what NGMA endorsement claimed by  Mgt. Concepts.

Chuck

At 12:02 PM 2/25/2005, you wrote:
>Hi all--
>
>A member of our Finance Dept. (who wants to learn more about Research
>Admin., but not as a primary career focus) has asked me if I know anything
>about a group called Management Concepts and their Grants Management
>Certificate Program (www.managementconcepts.com).  I have not heard of
>them and the courses are quite expensive, so I want to try to find out if
>this is a worthwhile endeavor for her.  If anyone has any knowledge of
>this group, please respond to the list or contact me directly.  For
>example: Who are the faculty?  Do you know anyone who has taken their
>courses?  Who recognizes this certification?  Their literature says they
>are recommended by the National Grants Management Association, with which
>I am also not familiar.
>
>Thank you for any information that you can provide.
>
>Regards, Kathleen
>
>Kathleen J. Hemsey, MBA, CRA
>Sr. Contracts & Grants Administrator
>House Ear Institute
>2100 West Third Street
>Los angeles, CA 90057
>xxxxxx@hei.org
>(213) 353-7001 Phone
>(213) 483-5675 Fax

Herbert "Chuck" Chermside, CRA
Director Emeritus, VCU Sponsored Programs
Executive Director, Research Administrators Certification Council
1915 Robindale Rd.
Richmond, VA 23235-3931
804-320-5502
xxxxxx@verizon.net