Re: cost share question William Sellers 23 Feb 2005 14:19 EST

Dear Pam,

I think we would show years 1 and 2 as "mandatory" and 3-5 as "voluntary
committed" (meaning we had it in the proposal that the agency saw when
they made the award but they didn't explicitly put it in the award T&C).

--Bill
___________________________________

Pamela Miller wrote:

> Faculty writes an application to the US Dept. of Ed for a five year
> grant and in the application pledges voluntary cost share in each of
> the five years.
>
> The award is made and the Grant Award Notification (ED-GAPS001) in
> block #6 indicates that the "performance period" is five years in
> length, but that the budget period is only a year.  Terms and
> Conditions are that future funding is contingent on appropriations
> from Congress etc.  Same thing for each subsequent award.
>
> In the award documents received for years 1 and 2, the cost share is
> listed in block #7 as "recipient non-federal amount" BUT in years 3-5
> nothing is listed under "recipient non-federal amount." (Matching
> funds were never required.)
>
> Does this mean that the only cost share that is required is the amount
> for Years 1 and 2?  This seems logical since the awards are given on a
> year by year basis.
>
> OR--is the cost share for all five years required since it was
> described in the original application and listed in the proposal budget?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know...thanks..Pam
>
> Pamela F. Miller, Ph.D.
> Director, Office of Sponsored Projects
> The University of San Francisco
> 2130 Fulton Street
> San Francisco, CA  94117-1080
> TEL  415-422-5368
> FAX  415-422-6222
> EMAIL  xxxxxx@usfca.edu

William Sellers, Ph.D.
Director, Research & Sponsored Programs
Wright State University
3640 Col. Glenn Hwy., 201J University Hall
Dayton, OH 45435-0001
(937) 775-2709 (voice)/(937) 775-3781 (fax)
(937) 231-8434 (cell)
xxxxxx@wright.edu