Re: setting an F&A rate Susan A. Brown 22 Feb 2005 10:21 EST

sorry for another message, but here is an HHS example of an F&A rate
proposal:
http://rates.psc.gov/fms/dca/np_exall2.html

Susan
MUSC

Bill Campbell wrote:

> RESADMers--
>
> I'm on the board of a non-profit that is in process of pursuing grants
> from federal agencies.  We have never had an IDC or F&A rate; I think
> it's time to establish one, but I don't know how to go about it.  Can
> anyone give me some guidance?  I know there have been conversations
> about this on the list in the past, but I can't find the thread in the
> archive.
>
> I've browsed around the HHS site a little and it's very confusing.  Some
> NIH sites say 'don't apply for a rate until you get a grant,' but we're
> looking at other agencies.  But those other agencies refer non-profits
> to HHS for F&A rates.
>
> I know that there is now a simple algorithm small universities can use
> to determine an F&A rate to propose; is there something similar for
> non-profits?  Is this something the average bozo like me can do, or do
> we have to hire a consultant?
>
> Thanks and regards, Bill
>
> --
> Bill Campbell
> Director, Grants & Research
> University of Wisconsin-River Falls
> 410 S. 3rd St.
> River Falls, WI 54022
> 715/425-3195
> FAX 715/425-0649

Susan A. Brown, C.R.A.
Grants & Contracts Administrator
Medical University of South Carolina
Research & Sponsored Programs
19 Hagood Avenue, Room 606 (express mail & drop +4 zip code)
P.O. Box 250808 (U.S. Postal Service only)
Charleston, SC  29425-0808
PH:  843-792-2040 (my desk)
PH:  843-792-3838 (receptionist)
FX:  843-792-6447