Re: SCT Banner Grants Management Systems YOUNG,ELAINE M 14 Feb 2005 08:04 EST

Does it allow you to track effort in a way that would be acceptable to
the Feds?

Elaine Young, PhD
Assistant Program Director for Research Development
College of Medicine, University of Florida
Room G1-004A
P.O. Box 100215
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0215
(352) 273-5088

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Frances A. S. Simpson
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 3:42 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] SCT Banner Grants Management Systems

We implemented all Banner modules, including the Grants piece of
Finance.  This includes the proposal, award set-up, billing, accounts
receivable.  We are now able to use MS Access to query the Banner tables
and create our own reports.  I think it's a pretty good system, but we
have come across a couple of bugs in some processes, and are still
trying to work out some other "kinks" with our billing and AR.  I would
be happy to discuss our implementation experience.  Also, if you've had
a successful implementation, would you contact me--I'd like to get your
advice on these "kinks"!
Thanks,
Fran Solano Simpson
University of Denver

Hansen, Arlene wrote:

>If there is anyone on the list currently using Banner for their
>complete grants administration system, including all pre and posst
>award and reporting, would you please contact me.  Also, anyone using
>ERA GAMS systems, either alone or with another system such as Banner or

>PeopleSoft....
>
>Thanks!
>

>           Arlene Hansen, Assistant Director Sponsored Programs &
>Academic Research Center
> #25 Kepner Hall - University of Northern Colorado
>      970-351-1932          xxxxxx@unco.edu
><mailto:xxxxxx@unco.edu>

Frances Solano Simpson
Director, Office of Sponsored Programs