Re: Rush/Last Minute Proposal Policies? Susan Meslang 03 Feb 2005 12:24 EST

Thanks - You mentioned a form you use to give the PI regarding the
problems you see in their proposal.  Can you send me a copy of that?  We
always bring the issues to them and help them make the changes, but I
really like the idea of a form.
>>> xxxxxx@MAIL.ROCKEFELLER.EDU 2/2/2005 11:59:28 AM >>>
Susan et al.,

Everyone has the same problem.  We have resorted to a big (BIG) red
stamp which says "Insufficient Time for Review" which goes on our
internal form and a form that goes back to the investigator with the
various problems listed on it.  We will not stop an application from
going out unless the person is trying to do something illegal, but we
document that it was a mess coming in (late) and we could do little to
get it in shape in the time we had.  We also usually have a
conversation
with his/her lab head about mentoring, if it is a junior person.

Joni.

Jon Elizabeth Hart, MPA, CIP
Senior Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
Senior Director, Human Subjects Protections Program
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Ave., NY, NY 10021-6399
tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400
email:  xxxxxx@rockefeller.edu