Re: visa expenses Parker, Paul 26 Jan 2005 04:11 EST

In most instances we would consider this an allowable cost.

Paul C. Parker
Assistant Vice President
 for Research Administration
State University of New York
PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY  13902-6000
607-777-6752   607-777-4354 (fax)
email:  xxxxxx@binghamton.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of Jessica T. Kleinberg
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 4:43 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] visa expenses

Another question on the allowability of visa expenses....the United States
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USBCIS) will be
implementing a mandatory employer fee of $500 per H1B visa petition filed
beginning March 8, 2005.  This is not a fee that can be passed on to the
employee.  My question to the list is, do you think this fee would be an
allowable direct cost expense to a federal (NIH) grant?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Jessica Kleinberg, CRA
Asst. Director, Sponsored Programs
Health Research, Inc.