Re: visa expenses Herbert B. Chermside 25 Jan 2005 21:21 EST

I believe it is allowable, IF the visa is required to accomplish the grant.

Chuck

At 04:42 PM 1/25/2005, you wrote:
>Another question on the allowability of visa expenses....the United States
>Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USBCIS) will be
>implementing a mandatory employer fee of $500 per H1B visa petition filed
>beginning March 8, 2005.  This is not a fee that can be passed on to the
>employee.  My question to the list is, do you think this fee would be an
>allowable direct cost expense to a federal (NIH) grant?
>
>Thanks for your thoughts!
>
>Jessica Kleinberg, CRA
>Asst. Director, Sponsored Programs
>Health Research, Inc.
>One University Place
>Rensselaer, NY 12144
>(518) 431-1265
>(518) 431-1234 (Fax)
>xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us
>www.hrinet.org

Herbert "Chuck" Chermside, CRA
Director Emeritus, VCU Sponsored Programs
Executive Director, Research Administrators Certification Council
1915 Robindale Rd.
Richmond, VA 23235-3931
804-320-5502
xxxxxx@verizon.net