Re: MRI proposals - NSF 05-515 William Clark 21 Jan 2005 17:26 EST

Hi Everyone,
This is the latest information we've received from the NSF Program officer for the
MRI:
From: "Brzakovic, Dragana" <xxxxxx@nsf.gov>
To: "'Kris Kerkela'" <xxxxxx@ucsc.edu>
Subject: RE: MRI proposals - NSF 05-515
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:39:50 -0500

Kris
here is the summary of our phone conversation

MRI program does not require cost sharing, and including cost sharing will not make
any difference in decision making process
If you have funds available for the proposed projects, the best usage is  towards
operations and maintenance which are now review criterion in the MRI program
If you  insist on using cost-sharing you should include it as before
We will accept letters of support containing specific commitments e.g., regarding
space, resources, access, etc.
I hope this clarifies any issues, if you have any further questions, please let me know

-------

Dragana Brzakovic, Ph.D.

Senior Staff Associate

Office of Integrative Activities

Room 1270

National Science Foundation

4201 Wilson Boulevard

Arlington, Virginia 22230-0001, USA

phone: 703-292-8040

FAX: 703-292-9040

e-mail: xxxxxx@nsf.gov

I know this seems to contradict other information some of us have received from NSF
about cost sharing but this what it is. Bill