Re: Fringe Benefit Rates Hahn, Janet M 18 Jan 2005 13:29 EST

Hi Mary,
Radford University has never had a fringe benefit rate.  Our indirect
cost (F&A) agreement states in the Special Remarks section that, "Fringe
benefits are specifically identified to each employee and are charged
individually as direct costs."  It then goes on to state that fringe
benefits include:  FICA, Unemployment Compensation, Health Insurance,
Life Insurance, and Pension Costs.

Feel free to call if you have questions.

Janet
*****
Janet M. Hahn, C.R.A
Exec Dir, Sponsored Programs & Grants Management
Radford University

Radford, VA  24142-6926

tel:  540-831-5479
fax: 540-831-6636
xxxxxx@radford.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Mary Wells
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 8:52 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Fringe Benefit Rates

We are a relatively new small College and are preparing our indirect
cost
proposal for submission to DHHS but were wondering what are the rules
concerning fringe benefit rates.  Are we required to have them
established
by DHHS at the same time as our indirect rates are established or can we
use actual fringe benefit rates?

Thanks for your assistance/advice in advance.

Mary P. Wells
Grants Administrator
Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM)
2265 Kraft Drive, Blacksburg, VA  24060
Phone:  540/231-8239, Fax:  540/231-5338
Email:  xxxxxx@vcom.vt.edu