Re: Cost Sharing Policy Laurie Chamness 09 Dec 2004 08:42 EST

This is our cost share policy, as stated in our office's Research Manual:

> "The MUSC institutional practice on voluntary cost sharing is to avoid
> it. The reasons are threefold:  Federal mission agencies have
> documented that voluntary cost sharing will not promote the grant
> application. (They do not wish to be accused of making awards based on
> a bidding process); If a department voluntarily cost shares, the
> workload is increased because tracking cost sharing contributions
> requires the establishment of additional account numbers and; The
> manner in which voluntary cost sharing is treated adversely affects
> the University F&A rate. This counter productive."

Laurie

Robert Gregory Miller wrote:

> I am revising our cost sharing policies and I would like to see what
> other versions and perspectives exist.
>

> Robert Gregory Miller
>
> Administrative Director/Research Administrator
>
> Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
>
> Division of Endocrinology,Metabolism and Molceular Science
>
> 1731 East 120th Street
>
> Los Angeles, Ca. 90059
>
> Office: 323.563.5961
>
> Fax: 323.563.5966
>
> Email: xxxxxx@cdrewu.edu

Laurie Chamness
Assistant Director
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Medical University of South Carolina
PO Box 250808
Charleston, SC  29425

Ph (843) 792-3832