Re: Giving Credit on Proposals and Awards Key, Diana 30 Nov 2004 17:09 EST

Franc,

We converted a DB2 database to an MS Access 97 database in 1997. When we
did that, we added a PINUM field to allow us to assign a sequential
number to investigator's on projects. PI #1 was always the lead, and the
others were added in whatever order the department desired. We then had
the ability to report just using PI #1 or all PI's, using Access's
reporting functionality.

We went live with PeopleSoft Grants 8.4 in July 2004. This system
requires designation of a single Proposal PI. The system also allows
multiple projects to be set up under a single Proposal ID; therefore, we
can have one Project PI, and multiple Co-PI's. The system provides
several different tools which will allow us to report investigators
however we want.

Let me know if you would like me to send you information on the table
structure and relationships of the Access db.

Diana

Diana Key  ;-)
ERP Sponsored Projects Team
Sponsored Research Services